Aaron Nelson, Assistant Professional, PGA Apprentice, Golf Academy Graduate
Aaron graduated from the Golf Academy of America, Phoenix in 2014. Born and raised in Rogers, MN, Aaron began playing golf at a young age. During high school Aaron ran Cross Country and played basketball. It was during his golf career in high school that he fell in love with the game of golf. After graduating high school Aaron attended Minnesota State University Mankato for a year. During that time realized he wanted to turn his passion for golf into his career and moved to Arizona to attend the Golf Academy of America. He graduated from the program with an Associate’s Degree in Business. Aaron is currently a Level 1 PGA Apprentice.
Aaron started working at Osgood in Spring 2015 and is involved with Men’s Club, Adult Group Lessons, Junior Tournament Series, and numerous Junior Lessons. In 2015, Aaron taught over 100 private lessons.
Aaron is available for private and group lessons with golfers ranging in very beginner to high ability players. He is also available for individual/group playing lessons for players who want course-play experience.
To set up a private/group lesson with Aaron, view his options and rates below. Customized lesson plans are available upon request. E-mail Aaron or call the pro shop at (701) 356-3070 to set up a lesson.
All About Aaron
Favorite part of the golf game
- The challenges of the game. There is no other game in the world that demands mental focus through a four-hour round.
- Best club in your bag
- My driver.
- Most memorable moment at Osgood
- Meeting all the new people that golf at Osgood.
- Most memorable moment playing golf
- The day I first shot under par for the first time. It was the day that I couldn’t miss a fairway and couldn’t miss a putt. Never felt so accomplished after that round.
- What you want to accomplish in the 2015 season
- Keep growing as a teacher, by learning new ways I can help my students get better.
- Favorite professional golfer
- Webb Simpson.